Spring has sprung and flowers are blooming. We can kiss winter goodbye and bring out our sandals and cute dresses. With cute dresses comes more skin to show off. Something else we can kiss goodbye? How about the winter damages that were left on your skin? Yup! You read right, during the winter season, our skin becomes excessively dry since the cold wind doesn’t allow our skin to retain moisture. But since Spring is in the air, I’m going to give you some beauty tips to add to your skincare regimen so that you can get that lovely glow that makes us look like we’re in love!
- Scrub-a-dub-dub! - Get a good exfoliate cream to scrub away all those dead skin cells that are left on your face after a harsh winter to reveal that soft glowing skin, sitting underneath. Don't forget to use a toner to close up the pores and a cream to moisturize after.
- New sunscreen is a must!!- If you have sunscreen that has been sitting in your house for a year or more it is time to toss it out and get a new one. With spring right around the corner, you must start thinking about protecting your skin from harmful sun rays and future wrinkles.
- Keep your Body Moisturized- Use a body lotion such as Agave Body Lotion which is filled with polysaccharides that naturally retain the water in your skin. This can give you a beautiful glowing appearance and lock in moisture so you can look your best when you bring out the sun dresses that have been in storage all winter long. If you’re searching for an extra glow, apply body lotion prior to using a self-tanner for an even application.
- Mani/Pedi Time - Now that we can bring out our sandals again, it’s time to show off our Spring nail polishes! Make sure you schedule an appointment at your favorite spa, or gather the right products to do it at home!
- Brighten up with a Brightening Cream- We love using Agave Spa's brightening cream to look radiant all day long and to also help with any discoloration that the sun may cause. Start off Spring by getting rid of those unwanted dark spots acquired last summer.
- Swim suit ready!! - After shaving and getting ready to bring out our swim suits we can be left with irritating little bumps all over the areas that have been shaved. My secret to calm and moisturize this irritated skin is the Agave After Sun Balm. It is made with Aloe Vera and Blue Agave extract which are both anti-inflammatory ingredients so it helps calm down the skin. It is also an antibacterial that will help sanitize the cuts and burns that were made during shaving, waxing or laser.
- Stay Hydrated - The dryness and dullness caused by dehydration makes the skin more prone to getting wrinkles. Boosting your water intake will actually fight fine lines, and signs of aging from occurring in the skin due to dehydration. “Drinking enough water hydrates and plumps up skin cells, making your face appear younger and your wrinkles less visible.” A win win from the inside and out. Overall, water keeps your body healthy and happy.
- Tips for a woman - Ladies, you should be drinking about 64 ounces of water a day. This about 8 cups of water a day!! It may seem impossible for those of us that are not used to drinking water but it is doable. The more water you start drinking now the easier you will find it to be to continue drinking.
- Tips for a man - Gentlemen, you should be drinking about 13 cups of water a day! Sorry guys, you have bigger bodies to fill!